HP Officejet 5741 is a light-duty inkjet multifunction printer (MFP) which can be used in home offices and small offices. This has certain office-oriented features like fax and automatic document feeder apart from the basic print, scan and copy facility. HP Officejet 5741 printer driver can be downloaded from 123.hp.com/oj5741
- 123 HP Officejet 5741 Printer driver download
- HP Officejet 5741 Airprint Setup
- HP Officejet 5741 Printer Troubleshooting
- HP Officejet 5741 Software Download
- HP Officejet 5741 Wireless all in one Inkjet Printer
- HP Officejet 5741 Drivers Windows 10
- HP Officejet 5741 Wireless Setup
- HP Officejet 5741 Printer Driver Download
- 123 HP Officejet 5741 ePrinter
- 123 HP Setup 5741
- 123 HP Officejet 5741 User Manual
- Unboxing HP Officejet 5741 Printer
- Install HP Officejet 5741 Printer
123 hp officejet 5741 Printer Support and Install
123 HP Officejet 5741
The OfficeJet 5741 is especially designed for home and small office. It is portable and stylish. It is one of the HP’s popular all-in-one models. It has the ability to print, scan, copy and fax all in a few touches. Wi-Fi and NFC features are built in. Thus HP Officejet 5741 is suitable for wireless printing from mobile devices.
HP Officejet 5741 has a clean control panel.. Almost everything is either part of the touchscreen or one of the dedicated touch buttons down either side.
There is an automatic Document Feeder ( ADF) which can take upto 25 sheets. But duplex scanning is not possible. The paper tray can hols to a maximum of 125 sheets and also has a separate photo tray which can hold to a maximum of 15 sheets.
HP OFFICEJET 5741 – CONNECTIONS AND WIRELESS
The HP OfficeJet 5741 is designed to print from Windows PC, Mac or from mobile devices . While there’s a USB socket at the back, using the wireless connections is the hassle free option of connecting the printer to a network.
Remote printing is possible with HP Officejet 5741 with HP’s ePrint functionality.
Wireless Direct printing helps us to directly print from an android device or iOS (apple) device.
NFC Connections are also available with later models of android and apple such as Samsung Galaxy S5 or iPhone6. To activate this featue,, just tap your phone on the HP Officejet 5741 printer’s control panel and the printer becomes available on your phone.
How to connect HP Officejet 5741 to a wireless network?
Connecting your HP Officejet 5741 would be done in 123 steps.
The steps are as follows:
1. Prepare your HP Officejet 5741 for connection to the network
A. For this, we have to gather the below mentioned items:
Network name, WEP key or WPA, a computer connected to the wireless network, wireless capable printer ie, HP Officejet 5741 and Internet access.
The network name is the SSID. Though internet access is not required to install the printer in a wireless network, we need the same to connec to the official HP website 123.hp.com and download the HP Officejet 5741 driver from 123.hp.com/oj5741 or 123.hp.com/setup oj5741 .
The printer HP Officejet 5741 has to be places closed to the computer when the installationis being carried out.
B. Switch on the computer, router and the HP Officejet 5741 printer . Make sure the computer is connected to the same wireless network where you want your printer to be connected.
C. If the USB cable is connected to HP Officejet 5741 printer, then disconnect it.
Changing USB connection to a wireless network connection
If you had already installed the printer software for USB connection, first you need to uninstall the USB Connection before connecting it to the wireless nework.
- In Windows, search for HP Officejet 5741.
- Select the printer name from the result list.
- The printer software opens.
- Select utilities and then Printer setup & software selection.
- Select the option : Convert a USB connected printer to wireless .
- In some versions of windows, the option will be connect a new printer.
- Complete the connection by following the instructions on screen.
- Once the printer has been setup on the wireless network, the below steps need not be done.
2. Connect the printer to the wireless network.
Wireless connection to your HP Officejet 5741 printer could be easily done using the wireless setup wizard.
A. Go to the control panel of HP Officejet 5741 printer. Touch the wireless icon and then the wireless menu icon.
B. Touch Wireless Setting and then select wireless setup wizard. The printer searches for all available wireless networks in range, and lists them.
C. Now select your wireless network name from the list and follow the instructions as displayed on the printer’s control panel.
D. Once all the steps are completed, the HP Officejet 5741 printer will be connected to your wireless network.
Do not know your wireless network password?
How to find your wireless, Wireless WEP, WPA, WPA2 Password in Windows:
The password is also called the Wi-Fi security key, WEP key, or WPA or WPA2 passphrase. Your ISP that is, Internet Service Provider generally provides the password. Possiblities are there that you might have changed the password. Fins below the steps to find it.
- To view the network security password (key) on a Windows computer, open the network properties window.
- In Windows, search for view network connections. Now select View network connectionsfrom the search results.
- The Network Connections window opens.
- Right-click the network name, then click Status.
- The Wi-Fi Status or Wireless Network Connection Status window opens.
- Click Wireless Properties.
- Click the Security tab, then click the Show characters check box to see the wireless network password.
3. Download and install printer driver
Make sure the HP Officejet 5741 printer is connected to the wireless network.
For installing the printer driver, you can obtain the printer driver software either from 123.hp.com/oj5741 or 123.hp.com/setup and oj5741 should be chosen for the model name.
Alternatively, you can use the CD that came with the printer for the printer driver installation.
For installing the printer driver, follow the below steps:
A. Turn on the printer.
B. If your Officejet 5741 printer is connected to the printer with a USB cable, disconnect the cable from the printer.
C. Go to 123.hp.com/oj5741
D. Alternatively go to 123.hp.com an select the model as Officejet 5741.
E. Follow the instructions on-screen which takes you to the download page.
F. Now click download button. Full feature driver is recommended. However, basic drivers could also be selected for other driver options.
What is the difference between a full feature driver and basic driver?
- The basic driver is generally used only for the following features:
- Printing only
- Scanning with Microsoft or non-HP scanning software
- The full feature driver has the following features:
- Printing, copying and scanning
- Trouble hooting support
- Product maintenance
- Software updates
- Searchable help files
- Image editing software
- Recommendations for buying supplies
123-hp.xyz is an independent company who specializes in printer software.
We do not have any affiliation with hp.The images and model names used in our website are owned by HP.