What is a printer driver?
A printer driver is a software that resides in your computer. When a printer is connected to the computer, the computer converts the print data to printer specific format, so that the print job can be carried out smoothly. This printer drivers acts as a bridge between the printer and the applications in the computer that needs to access the printer. Thus the application need not be aware of the printer specific details. The printer driver takes care of it.
The printer driver might be different for different printer models, as per the functionality of the printer.
So it is good idea to install appropriate printer driver for your specific printer model.
When do you need a HP Officejet Pro 8720 Printer driver?
You have to download HP Printer driver when
- You have bought a brand new HP Officejt Pro 8720 printer
- If the CD containing the HP printer driver is missing in the printer package.
- If you misplaced or lost the CD with the printer driver.
- You upgrade your operating system to a higher version
- You change your operating system from one OS to another- say, Windows to Mac.
How to download HP Officejet Pro 8720 printer driver?
You can download HP Officejt Pro 8720 printer driver from the official HP website
123.hp.com/ojpro8720 or 123.hp.com/setup 8720 or www.hp.com/eprint/ojpro8720
Type 123.hp.com/setup and then choose the printer model as Officejet Pro 8720 from the drop down. Alternatively, you can enter the printer model.