To make use of the facilities that HP provides, you can make use of HP Officejet Pro 6230 Web Services setup . This can be done when you install HP printer driver software.
If your printer driver has been already installed, then the instructions regarding setup is available in the user guide.
Insert the CD in the computer. Follow the onscreen instructions. Select the “always permit / allow” options in the messages. This will allow you to successfully install the software in your computer.
Follow the instructions as per your operating system:
Windows: Click Network ( Ethernet / Wireless) when prompted and then follow the onscreen instructions.
Mac OS X: Double click the HP installer on the CD and then follow the instructions onscreen.
If your printer is within the range of a wireless network, enter the wireless network name and password.
Do the following:
- Enable the printer for auto updating product updates.
- Enter the proxy server settings where it is required.
Once you complete all these steps, you are ready to print an information page. Follow the instructions to finish the Web Services setup.
The information page printed will have the email address of the printer. This email address can be used to send email to the printer using HP ePrint.
How to update the printer?
Updating your printer regularly make sure that your printer has all the latest features supported by HP. You can check and install your printer updates easily if your printer has internet access and the steps for HP Officejet Pro 6230 Web Services setup has been performed and Web Services has been enabled.
Follow the steps below to update your printer:
- Touch HP ePrint icon from the printer control panel.
- Touch Settings from here. Then choose printer updates.
- Touch ‘ Check for updates Now’ and follow the instructions in the display.
Automatic Update check:
Touch Settings -> touch Printer Updates -> touch Auto Update then touch On.
Hp Officejet Pro 6230 wireless setup
Complete the following steps to establish wireless connection to the printer.
- Run the installation software from the CD for wireless communication setup. The installation program installs the printer driver and creates a wireless connection.
- Before setting up the wireless communication, printer hardware should be setup.
- Follow the instructions based on your operating system.