HP Officejet 4650 Printer Setup
While setting up HP Officejet 4650 printer, the following events may happen:
- HP Instant ink installation does not complete.
- The printer does not print
- One of the messages will be displayed on the printer control panel.
Finish setup online : 123.hp.com/setup
If you get such a message, using a web browser on your computer or your mobile device, visit the website 123.hp.com/setup to finish with the HP Officejet 4650 printer setup.
Online Setup Progress : Once you download the printer driver from 123.hp.com/setup 4650 , this message is displayed so as to convey that the device is configuring this printer. Joined the network.
Online setup Progress :
You have chosen the option to enroll in HP Instant Ink. Finish the enrollment either in your computer or mobile device.
When the printer receives the enrollment confirmation, this screen will automatically change.
Step 1: Download and run the HP Officejet 4650 printer software.
Download the HP Instant Ink setup software to complete the installation.
- Go to 123.hp.com/setup and click download
- Follow the instructions on-screen to complete the installation.
- Enroll in HP Instant Ink. There is an option to either enroll or opt-out of
If the above mentioned steps did not solve the issue, process to the next step.
Step 2: Complete the HP Officejet 4650 printer setup
Using the control panel in the printer, finish the installation and prepare the printer for printing.
Keep a watch on the messages your printer displays and follow the steps based on that.
‘Finish Setup Online : 123.hp.com/setup’ message
In this case, you should use the printer’s control panel to connect the printer manually to the network , go to 123.hp.com/setup 4650 and complete the installation.
- From the printer control panel, touch the More button.
- This will take you to the manual setup screen.
- Touch Network
- Follow the instructions which are displayed on the control panel to complete the installation.
‘Online Setup Progress: The device is configuring this printer’ message
Use the printer’s control panel to complete the installation from 123.hp.com/setup 4650
- Touch the help icon (?) from the printer control panel.
- It takes you to the Web Services Help screen
- Choose No Web Services and then press Ok.
‘Online Setup Progress : You have chosen to enroll the HP Instant Ink ‘ message
This step needs to be followed only if you would like to enroll in the HP Instant Ink.
If you are not willing to enroll, you can stop here.
- Connect your printer to the network and the internet.
- Go to HP Instant Ink and then click sign up. This will take you to the enroll page.
- Sign in to your HP Connected account or created a new account
- Select your plan or type your enrollment code, and choose Next.
- Turn on the Web Services on your printer so as to get the printer claim code
- Type this claim code in the claim code text field.
- Follow the instruction and complete the enrollment.