HP Envy 5647 e-All-in-one printer is a compact and affordable printer that produced good quality printouts. It also has some advanced features like support for wireless network connection, automatic duplex printing, HP ePrint support etc. It also supports printing from android and iOS mobile devices with wireless or wired networking.
Steps for 123 HP Envy 5647 setup
- Prepare for installation of hp envy 5647 printer driver
- Connect the printer to the wireless network.
- Download and install the driver from 123.hp.com/5647 setup
Finding Network Security Settings on Hp Envy 5647 setup
Some times you might face with a peculiar problem: If you have an HP Envy 5647 printer. HP Envy 5647 setup is all complete. While checking foe the connections, it says it is connected wirelessly and has been added as a network printer. Everything appears to be fine. But while printing the document is not send to the printer. The other printers in this network can easily print but this on could not. While trying to connect to the network, it askes for a network key. But it does not accept the correct key.
This turns out to be a software issue rather than a network issue. So the possible solution is to uninstall the printer software and reinstall it again.
Before proceeding to uninstall the printer software, you can perform a simple test. For this,
- Open the option Device and Printers.
- Right click on your printer and go to printer properties.
- From the General tab, select print test page.
- This is to directly test the driver and the network connection by bypassing the spooler.
- If the test page does not print, that means it is a Network settings problem.
- If the test page prints, then there is no issue with the network.
- So you can proceed by uninstalling and reinstalling the software.
Uninstall and Install HP Envy 5647 Printer software
Before doing the installation, you can perform a little clean up.
- Go to the Temp folder and delete all the temp files.
- If any of the files could not be deleted, skip it.
- Now go to 123.hp.com/envy 5647 and download the printer software.
- You can also download the software from 123.hp.com/setup 5647
- Save it in the desktop as HP ENVY 5647 e-All-in-Printer
- After downloading the software, extract it.
- Run L3uninstall.exe in case you are using a HP computer.
- If you are not using a HP computer, run L4uninstall.exe
- Restart the computer after uninstalling the software.
- After this, you have to reset the registry settings and options for Windows Installer.
- Click Start -> Run. Type msiexec/unreg -> OK
- Click Start -> Run. Type msiexec/regserver -> OK
- Run Disk Cleanup from Accessories System Tool
- Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player
- Restart the computer.
- Use Print Install Wizard to install the software if you have Windows 7, 8 or 8.1
- Use the software you downloaded from 123.hp.com/5647 setup and saved in the desktop in case you have Windows XP or Vista.
HP Envy 5647 setup with HP Print and Scan Doctor
The HP Print and Scan Doctor is a application provided by HP . This provides users with the troubleshooting and problem solving features needed to resolve many common problems related to HP Printers in Windows-based computers.
Earlier HP had utilities like
- HP Print Diagnostic Utility
- HP Scan Diagnostic Utility
- HP Network Diagnostic Utility
- HP Hardware Diagnostic Utility
The HP Print and Scan Doctor, HP’s newest diagnostic tool, completely replaces all the above outdated diagnostic tools. All the features are integrated into this single utility . You just need to download the tool and follow the instructions on screen.
Download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor from 123.hp.com/5647 setup
To add your printer to a wireless network, you need the network security information mentioned below:
- Network name (SSID): This is the name of your network.
- Wireless password: If you are using security, this is the WEP key or WPA pass phrase.
HP Print and Scan Doctor is capable of retrieving this information for you automatically.
Points to be noted while retrieving the Network Security Information using HP Print and Scan Doctor
- You should have a proper wireless network connection and should be working fine.
- If you have not setup your network yet, follow the setup instructions for your wireless router.
- If you want to reset the network name or passphrase, you have to do it with the router settings.
Contact the router’s manufacturer if you are not able to do it yourself.
- HP is not able to change the information related to your router.