HP DeskJet 3830 specifications:
- A compact all-in-one inkjet color printer
- Uses print technology called HP Thermal Inkjet
- Print resolution is 4800 x 1200 dpi
- Options for Print, Scan and Copy
- Wireless, Wi-Fi Direct and USB connectivity
- Support for HP ePrint and Apple AirPrint
This is a very basic printer for people with very basic printing needs. And it even has the capability of printing from your phone or tablet.
HP’s Printer Assistant
HP Printer Assistant can be of great help in HP Deskjet 3830 setup . This software provides a lot of features to improve the quality of the HP Deskjet 3830 printer. The LCD display of the HP Deskjet 3830 printer is very small.
But HP Printer Assistant provides a straight forward graphical interface. With this you can easily access Wi-Fi setup, scanner controls and diagnostic features.
HP Deskjet 3830 setup
Wireless printer setup in Windows
Since you do not have a touchscreen, you have to connect to Wi-Fi using an app provided by HP called HP Easy Start. HPEasyStart is available in the printer driver CD that came with your 123 hp deskjet 3830 as an executable file . Or you can also download it from 123.hp.com/setup 3830 .
The 123 hp dj 3830 setup process is very simple as the app HPEasyStart will take care of most of the setup. You just need to instruct the app, which network you need to use. This is available for both Windows and Mac. One the network connection has been established, it downloads the necessary drivers and other utility software.
- To connect your HP Deskjet 3830 printer to a wireless network, first of all, you need a computer which is connected to the same network as the printer.
- You need to download and install printer software from 123.hp.com/setup 3830 or 123.hp.com/dj3830.
- If you have more than one computer, you need to install the printer software in each of the computer.
- An active wireless network
2.HP Deskjet 3830 setup and turn on (Hardware setup)
Before setting up the wireless connection, the printer must be turned on after loading the paper and installing the in cartridges. For that, follow the below steps:
- Remove all the protective tapes
- Connect the power cord and turn on the printer
- Load the paper tray with 10-20 sheets of paper
- Take the ink cartridge out from its package, pull the orange tab to remove the protective tape and install the cartridges in the proper slots in the HP Deskjet 3830 printer.
- Close the cartridge door so that the alignment page will be printed.
- Place this alignment page in the scanner glass with print side down. Then press the black button which says Start Copy to align the ink cartridges.
3.Download and install the printer software
- Use the installation disk and install the HP Printer software.
- If you do not have the disk, then you can download the HP Deskjet 3830 setup software from 123.hp.com/setup 3830 or 123.hp.com/dj3830
- After the software downloads, full feature installation begins.
- At one point Connect Window will be displayed. DO NOT click continue.
4.Reset the printer to default wireless settings
Follow the below steps to reset the printer to its default settings.
- Turn on the printer
- If the wireless light blinks, continue installing the software by skipping the next step.
- Press and hold the power button on the printer.
- While doing this, press Start Copy Black Buttom twice. Then press Cancel button three times.
- Now release the power button.
- The wireless light should blink now. If not, repeat the above steps.
- Immediately continue to install the software.If you use HP auto wireless connect feature, you have 120 minutes to finish the HP Deskjet 3830 setup .
5.Continue the installation process.
To finish the HP Deskjet 3830 setup, install the software and connect your printer to your wireless network.
- Go back to the HP Installation Connect window and continue.
- Check if the power light is bright and wireless light is blinking. If the light is not bright, that means the printer is in sleep mode. Press the power button once to wake it up.
- Follow the instructions. Soon a Connection Options window will be displayed.
- Here, select Wireless and Make a wireless connection to the printer.Click Next.
- The installation checks your network configuration.
- To complete the HP Deskjet 3830 setup , you can use :
- HP Auto Wireless Connect or Wireless Setup using a USB Connection.
6.Read properly and respond appropriately until the HP connected window displays.
- Now you are good to use your printer.
- You can register for a HP Connected form if you choose to create a HP Connected account.