123 HP Setup for 4500 requires network connectivity. There are a number of ways to obtain wireless connectivity. But it is good to keep in mind that 123 HP ENVY 4500 series only supports connections using 2.4GHz.
Traditional Wireless network connection using router
To connect the HP ENVY 4500 series to an integrated wireless network, you will need the following:
- A wireless network that includes a wireless router or access point.
- A computer with either wireless networking support, or a network interface card (NIC). A wireless network connection must be established with the computer and the wireless network. This is the same network that you are planning to install the 123 HP ENVY 4500.
- Network name (SSID).
- WEP key or WPA Passphrase if required.
How to connect the printer to the wireless network?
- From the printer control panel, press the wireless button. Select Settings.
- Scroll to select Wireless Setup Wizard, and then press OK.
- Instructions will be displayed on the screen. Just navigate it to set up the wireless connection.
- Insert the printer software CD in the computer CD-ROM drive.
- If you do not have a CD, download the 123 HP Setup 4500 from 123.hp.com/setup 4500
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the printer software.
Connecting a new printer
If you are connecting a printer for the first time to your computer, you can make use of Connect a Printer function for 123 HP setup 4500.
- Select Printer Setup & Software from windows.
- Select Connect a new printer and follow the onscreen instructions.
Changing network Settings
- From the control panel of the printer, press the Wireless button and then select Settings.
- Scroll and select Advanced Settings.
- Select the item to be changed from the Advanced Settings menu.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Non- network Connection using USB
HP ENVY 4500 supports a USB 2.0 High Speed port at the rear for connection to a computer.
Connecting the printer with the USB cable
- Insert the CD to install the printer driver software in the computer CD-ROM drive.
- Do not connect the USB cable to the printer until you areasked to do.
- Follow the on-screen instructions. At one point you will be prompted for the Connection Option.
- Now connect the printer to the computer by selecting USB on the Connection Options screen.
- Follow the instructions On Screen
Changing from USB Connection to wireless Network
If you first setup your printer and installed the software with a USB cable, it is very easy to change to a wireless network connection.
Do not remove the USB cable from the printer to the computer unless you are prompted to do so.
Make sure that the computer is connected to the wireless network to which you want to connect the printer.
Changing from a USB connection to a wireless network
- Depending on your operating system, do one of the following.
- Windows 8: On the Start screen, right-click an empty area and click All Apps on the app bar.
- Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP: From the computer desktop, click Start, select All Programs, click HP, and then click HP ENVY 4500 series.
Connecting 123 Hp Envy 4500 wirelessly without a router
HP wireless direct allows your Wi-Fi devices to connect to your HP Envy 4500 directly through Wi-Fi. This process is similar to the process you currently use to connect your WiFi device to new wireless networks and hotspots. With wireless direct, you can print directly to the printer wirelessly, without a wireless router, from your Wi-Fi enabled devices.
Connecting with Wireless Direct
- From the Home screen on the printer, select Wireless Direct.
- In the Wireless Direct menu, select Wireless Direct, and then press OK.
- Select On without Security, and then press OK.
- Press the button near Display Name to display the wireless direct name.
- If you have enabled security, press the button next to Display Password to display the wireless direct password.