The printer’s control panel provides the necessary information for Hp Officejet Pro 6972 setup.
Install the HP 6972 printer software
On the printer’s control panel, you will be instructed to go to the url 123.hp.com/setup 6972 or 123.hp.com/ojpro6972 . Type that URL from your browser and download the printer driver.
The steps to install the printer software is given in 123.hp.com/setup 6972 . You just need to follow the instructions.
The latest software is also available in www.hp.com/support
Once the printer software has been installed, yo u would have connected to the wireless network successfully.
For detailed steps on Wireless Connection, go to HP Office jet Pro 6972 wireless printer setup
Troubleshooting wireless connectivity
Wireless light should be turned on
- If the blue light in the printer control panel is not lit, wireless may be turned off. You have to turn in On.
- You can do this by touching and sliding your finger across the screen. Touch Setup -> Network Setup-> Wireless Settings -> Wireless ->On
- If the blue wireless light is blinking, the printer is not connected to a network. You can make a wireless connection using the Wireless setup Wizard available from the printer control panel.
Computer should be connected to the wireless network
Make sure that your computer is connected to the wireless network. If you are unable to connect, you should take help with a technician , who can resolve the issue.
Run the wireless test
TO confirm whether the wireless connection is working properly, you can print the wireless test report.
For this, follow the below steps:
- The printer should be turned on and paper Is loaded in the tray.
- Touch the setup button On the home screen. Then touch Network setup.
- Touch Print Reports
- Touch Wireless Test Report
If the wireless signal is weak, try to move the printer near the router.