123 HP Officejet 200 is an e-all-in-one printer which has multi functions like print, scan, copy and fax. It supports W-Fi and Wi-Fi Direct. As it also has support for Hp ePrint, Apple Airprint and Google Cloudprint, you can also print wirelessly from anywhere. This is basically aimed at small business users with moderate printing needs. Some of the additions are automatic document feeder, NFC, Ethernet port etc.
123 HP Officejet 200 setup
You need to take care of the below points before trying to setup HP Officejet 200.
- The printer should not be connected to the network using an Ethernet cable.
- A wireless network is has been configured and working.
- The computer that we intend to connect the printer and the printer should be in the same network.
While connecting the printer you have to be ready with the network name and password.
- The wireless network name is the name of your wireless network or SSID
- The wireless password provides security to your wireless network. It prevents other people from connecting to your wireless network without your permission. Depending on the level of security required, you can setup either a WPA passphrase or WEP key in the wireless network.
If your network name or the wireless security passphrase has not been changed since setting it up,
you might find them on the back or side of the wireless router. If this information cannot be found or cannot be remembered, you have to check with the documentation that came with the wireless router. If no luck, contact your network administrator or the technician who set up the wireless network.
HP OfficeJet 200 setup with Wireless Setup Wizard
Given below are the steps to be followed in order to setup wireless network connection through wireless setup wizard:
- Touch Wifi (Wireless) from the printer control panel.
- Touch Settings -> Wireless Settings -> Wireless Setup Wizard
- Follow the instructions onscreen to complete the setup
Change the connection type
After the connection is setup successfully, if you want to change the connection type (for example, from a USB connection to a wireless connection), you can do it with printer software. Connecting an Ethernet cable turns off the wireless capability of the printer.
To change from an Ethernet connection to a wireless connection (Windows)
- Remove the Ethernet cable from the printer.
- Install the printer software and open it. If you do not have printer software, you can download it from 123.hp.com/oj200
Now, run the HP OfficeJet 200 Wireless Setup Wizard to make the wireless connection.
HP OfficeJet 200 Wireless Setup Connection for Max (OS X)
- Make sure the printer is connected to the wireless network.
- Open System Preferences .
- Depending on the version of your operating system, click Print & Fax , Print, Scan & Fax , or Printers & Scanners in the Hardware section.
- Your printer name will be displayed in the left pane. Select it and click - at the bottom of the list. Perform the same steps for the fax entry, if there is one for the current connection.
- Locate the utility called HP Utility in your Mac computer. HP Utility is located in Applications/Hewlett-Packard folder at the top level of the hard disk.
- Choose Devices > HP Auto Wireless Connect and follow the instructions displayed..
HP Officejet 200 Wi-Fi Direct
Wi-Fi Direct is used to connect mobile devices or wireless enabled computer and other devices to print from the printer, without the need to connect it to a network or a router.
- Install the printer driver in your computer from the CD or from the official site 123.hp.com/setup 200.
- You can install the compatible mobile app to your mobile device.
- If you have not installed the HP Printer Software on your computer, connect to Wi-Fi direct first and then install the printer software. When you are prompted for a connection type, select Wireless.
- Wi-Fi Direct should be turned on in the printer.
- Turn on the wi-fi connection in your wireless device. If the device does not have wi-fi connection, you will not be able to use Wi-Fi Direct.
- From the mobile device, initiate connection to a new network. Follow the same procedure you normally use to connect to a new wireless network or hotspot. Now the Wi-Fi Direct name will alsobe displayed with the list of wireless networks as DIRECT-**- HP Officejet-200 (where ** are the unique characters to identify your printer). Enter the Wi-Fi Direct password when prompted.
- Now a Wi-Fi Direct connection has been established.
- You can print from any mobile device wirelessly without a network now.