123 HP Envy 7641 printer has excellent print quality irrespective of its low price. It has features like Duplex printing, support for services like ePrint, Wireless Direct and Airprint. However it does not have an Automatic Document Feed (ADF). Also there is no slot for card and a single slot for USB. Nevertheless, it continues to be a very sought after printer with its compact design and print quality.
123 HP Envy 7641 Wireless Setup - Preparation
The Wireless option in 123 HP Envy 7641 Wireless Setup lets you print from anywhere. To setup 123 HP Envy 7641 on a wireless network, first, identify the wireless network and connect the printer. Then download the printer driver from 123.hp.com/setup 7641 or 123.hp.com/envy7641 . After installing the software, when prompted, select Wireless as the connection type.
123 HP Envy 7641 Wireless Setup – Settings
Before setting up HP Envy 7641 on your wireless network, find out the network name and password. Turn on your router, computer and printer. For these, given below are the steps to be followed.
- Find out the network name which is also called SSID, an abbreviation for Service Set Identifier.
- Network password . This is also called a network passphrase, a WEP Key or a WPA security passphrase.
- Internet Access – An working internet connection. It is recommended to have broadband internet connection such as cable or DSL for software downloads, for using Web Services and for getting printer Updates.
- You should have a computer connected to your wireless network ready.
- The router and computer should be turned on.
- Computer is connected to a wireless network where to intend to connect the printer.
- Turn on the printer.
- Place it near the computer and within the wireless range of the router during the setup process.
- If any USB cable or Ethernet cable is connected to the printer, that can be disconnected.
123 HP Envy 7641 Wireless Setup – with Wireless Setup Wizard
Using Wireless Setup Wizard for 123 HP Envy 7641 is an easy way to setup and manage the wireless connection to your printer.
- From the control panel of the printer, press the wireless icon and then press the Settings button
- Scroll to Wireless Setup Wizard and press OK
- The wizard searches for all available networks and displays them.
- Scroll to the name of your network and press OK.
- If the network name is not displayed in the list, you can enter it manually.
- For this, scroll and point to Enter new network name and press OK
- For entering the letters, press the down arrow to scroll to the appropriate letters or numbers on the on-screen keypad.
- While entering, you must enter the uppercase and lowercase letters exactly as in the network name as the network name is case sensitive. If not, the connection fails.
- After finishing with the network name, scroll to Done and press OK.
- The printer attempts to connect this network and prompts for the passphrase.
- Enter the WEP or WPA Key using the on-screen keypad.
- After entering the case sensitive passphrase scroll to Done and press OK
- Now the printer attempts to connect to the network.
123 HP Envy 7641 - Print from anywhere
Using HP envy 7641, you can print wirelessly from your smat phone, tablet or a PC connected to the internet, using the technology called HP ePrint. When combined with technologies such as Apple’s Airprint and Google’s cloudprint, you can now print to your HP Envy 7641 printer virtually from anywhere in the world. With an app downloaded on your mobile device and an email id assigned to the printer, you can print anything from anywhere, the moment you want to print.
You can also scan directly to your mobile device with HP Printer Control app. HP ePrint is an app from HP which can be downloaded to the mobile devices for using the HP ePrint capability of the printers.