This sensible Printer has all the basic components like printing, scanning and copying. Hence it is apt for home needs and little workplaces. Deskjet is the ideal decision if your printing needs are comparatively less. HP Deskjet 3635 is very pocket friendly.
123 HP Deskjet 3635 Setup
At a very low price, we cannot expect to get conveniences like touch screen or automatic duplex printing. Apart from the basic three functionalities we expect from a printer such as print, copy and scan, it also supports HP specific features such as HP ePrint, Wireless network connection and Wi-Fi direct.
HP ePrint assigns an email id to the printer. You can send emails to the printer as attachments. The printer prints the files in the attachments.
Wireless Network Connection
123 hp deskjet 3635 can be connected to a wireless network connection. Then, this can be used to perform variety to network management tasks.
123 hp deskjet 3635 printer can print wirelessly without a router by using a technology called Wi-Fi Direct. Youc an print from any wireless capable device.
Since you do not have a touchscreen, you have to connect to Wi-Fi using an app provided by HP called HP Easy Start. HPEasyStart is available in the printer driver CD that came with your 123 hp deskjet 3635 as an executable file . Or you can also download it from 123.hp.com/setup 3635 .
The 123 hp dj 3635 setup process is very simple as the app HPEasyStart will take care of most of the setup. You just need to instruct the app, which network you need to use. This is available for both Windows and Mac. One the network connection has been established, it downloads the necessary drivers and other utility software.
123 HP Deskjet 3635 Wi-Fi Direct
Wi-Fi Direct is a technology where you can print wirelessly from hand held devices such as smart phones, tablets etc without having a wireless router at all.
Steps to use Wi-Fi Direct
- If your computer or printer does not have the printer driver software yet, then connect to Wi-Fi Direct First and then install the printer software. You can download the printer software from 123.hp.com/dj3635 . It prompts for a connection type. Select Wireless.
- Wi-Fi Direct option on your printer should be turned on.
- Maximum of five computers or mobile devices can use the same Wi-Fi Direct connection.
- Wi-Fi Direct can be used while the printer is connected using a USB cable to the computer.
- Wi-Fi Direct does not provides an internet connection. In other words, it cannot be used to connect a computer, mobile device, or printer to the Internet.
When you first activate Wi-Fi Direct, the printer automatically prints a Wi-Fi Direct guide. This provides guidelines on how to use Wi-Fi Direct. After that, if you wish to print the guide, you will have to press Wi-Fi Direct Button and the Information button together.
You can use Wi-Fi Direct when needed. You can turn it on or off by following the below steps:
- Press the Wi-Fi button on the 123 hp deskjet 3635 printer’s control panel.
- If the Wi-Fi Direct light is on and steady that means Wi-Fi Direct is turned on.
- You can press the information button to print the information page
- The information page contained the Wi-Fi Direct name and password.
- When Wi-Fi Direct Light is off, that means Wi-Fi Direct is turned off.
Printing from a wireless mobile device with Wi-Fi Direct
You have to install the latest version of HP Service Plugin in your mobile device. This plugin is available in Google Play store.
- Turn on Wi-Fi Direct on the printer
- Turn on Wi-Fi Direct on your mobile device.
- Choose a document to be printed from your mobile device.
- Select the print option
- The list of all available printer will appear.
- From this, choose the Wi-Fi Direct printer’s name which will be displayed as DIRECT- **-HP Deskjet 3635 series (** will be replaced by some characters that identifies your printer)
- If the printer has an Automatic Wi-Fi Connection security, the mobile device will connect to the printer automatically and the print job will be executed.
- If the printer has an Manual Wi-Fi Connection security, you have to perform either of these to connect to the printer:
- If the Wi-Fi Direct light on the control panel keeps blinking, press the Wi-Fi Direct button. The light will stop blinking and stay on.
- If the printer prints a page with a PIN, follow the instructions on the page.
123 HP Deskjet 3635 Wireless Setup
You can set up as well as manage your 123 HP DeskJet 3635 wireless setup connection and perform a variety of network management tasks.
The management tasks that 123 hp deskjet 3635 printer can perform include:
- Turn On or Turn off the wireless capability of the printer
- Print the wireless network test report
- Print the network configuration page
- Change the wireless settings in Windows
- Restore network settings to default settings
- Connect the printer with the USB cable